What You’ll Learn
This guide will provide a brief overview of holistic health care and what it looks like, how holistic health care is practiced in assisted living, and how to identify if an assisted living community uses a holistic approach to health care. Chapters include:
- Defining Holistic Health Care for Older Adults
- Providing Holistic Health in Assisted Living and Dementia Care
- Identifying Holistic Health Care Facilities
You’ll also get a checklist that provides essential questions you can ask about different assisted living programs to identify if they use a holistic approach to health care, such as:
- How does the community assess and identify emotional, social, and spiritual wellbeing?
- After an assessment, how involved is the community when working with health care providers?
- Does the community promote emotional well-being by incorporating the residents' interests into activities planning?