About Living at Home
- Is there anything I can help you with to keep the house in good shape?
- Have you thought about making some changes that could let you stay here longer?
- Have you thought about moving closer to us or to other family members?
- What type of lifestyle do you need and want?
- Where do you stand financially?
- How much equity will you receive from the sale of your home?
- Have you thought about selling the house and using that cash to move somewhere more comfortable?
- Which items do you want to keep and move, give to family or friends, liquidate, or store?
- Do you use this item often? Have you used it in the past year?
- Do you have another item that performs the same function?
- Do you need it or want it?
- Does it have sentimental value?
- Does that item have a significant dollar value?
- Would a family member or friend appreciate the item or use it?
- Does this item truly enhance your quality of life?
- Would this item physically fit in your smaller living space and future lifestyle?
- What will you need to do to prepare your house for sale?
- What do you need to do to prepare for a move?
- Have you thought about hiring a move manager, senior relocation specialist, or organizer?
- What date or time of year would you prefer to make the move?