About the Future
- When do you want to retire?
- If you are unable to care for yourself at home, where would you prefer to live?
- What do you want your end-of-life care look like?
- What are your current sources of income?
- Do you have any health or long-term care insurance?
- Do you have an authorized user on your bank and investment accounts?
- Do you have a trusted advisor or attorney?
About Powers of Attorney
- Do you have a will or a trust?
- Do you have a living will (also known as an advance directive)?
- Do you have a financial power of attorney?
- Do you have a health care power of attorney (also known as a health care proxy or health care agent)?
- Are your powers of attorney durable or springing?
About Legal Documents
- Have you signed a HIPPA release form?
- Where can I find your legal documents if I need them?
- Are your documents current and up-to-date?
A Glossary of Terms
- Is there a posted, varied schedule of activities?
- Are there activities that you think your loved one would participate in?
- How often are off-site outings offered?
- Are there any additional costs for certain activities?
- How are residents reminded of daily activities?